Psych4Schools Pty Ltd ABN 13 143 954 287
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully as any use of this website and its content by you will constitute an agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (as varied from time to time). If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you will need to exit this website immediately. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions. Interpretation
‘We’, ‘us’, ‘our’, means Psych4Schools Pty Ltd. ‘You’, ‘your’ means the person or entity (and any Authorised Users where applicable) using this website under these Terms and Conditions.
1. Purpose of website
This website has been established to provide information and general support to teachers, leadership teams and professionals working with children, parents, and colleagues in primary and junior secondary schools. This website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical, mental health or specialist advice, or for diagnosis or treatment. You should seek the advice of a qualified professional prior to making decisions about your own circumstances or the circumstances of a student, parent or colleague at your school. You should not disregard professional medical or specialist advice, or delay seeking it because of information contained on this website.
2. Use of the website
Warning: This website and the information it contains is not intended as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified practitioner. The resources available on this website simply provide generic information, advice and guidance for teachers and other professionals only.
The content of this website is intended to provide generic advice for teachers and other professionals to draw upon or to modify to support student learning once any specific recommendations for the child made by a doctor, psychologist or other recognised allied health professional have been implemented. These strategies are intended to be used as a guide only and are not to be used as a prescriptive formula to address any one issue. You should not act on the basis of anything contained in this website without first obtaining professional advice specific to your circumstances. The advice contained in this website does not cover all the individual issues that may arise for any child on any particular day.
The content on this website is a summary only of the subject matter covered and is not intended to be, nor should it be, relied on as a substitute for legal, diagnostic, or other professional advice. We endeavour to provide information sourced from reliable research and experience. It is believed to be accurate and current as at the date the information was placed on this website. The information contained in this website makes no warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy or fitness for purpose of any content on the website. We reserve the right to modify the content at any time.
All images used on the site and in the documents are used for illustrative purposes only. The persons depicted in the photos are models.
You must use this website for lawful purposes only.
You are not permitted to use this website to sell a product or service.
You must not send material containing software viruses or otherwise use the website in any way that interrupts access to it.
You are permitted on a non-exclusive basis to:
1. Download and store a copy of the content contained in this website on your local computer for the sole purpose of viewing the content provided it is not later used for any other purpose.
2. Display, print and reproduce a copy of this content in unaltered form for your personal use, or if you are a teacher or school staff member, to assess its suitability for your teaching, providing in either case that it is not later used for any other purpose.
All other uses are subject to paragraph 13 below.
The website and its content are accessed via the Internet. You are responsible for the provision and payment of telecommunications services and computer hardware and software to allow your access to the website and its content. We are not responsible for any refunds or charges incurred for any delay or inability to access any part of the website due to any faults or difficulties with your means of access to the Internet.
You accept that computer and telecommunications systems may from time to time require periods of downtime whether for repair, maintenance or otherwise and that we do not guarantee uninterrupted availability of this website. We accept no claim for breach of contract or otherwise in respect of any such period of unavailability.
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer system occurs in connection with your use of this website or a linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from this website is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems. You are responsible for your use of this website and any material you post and fully indemnify us in respect of all claims, actions, proceedings, judgements, damage, loss, expense or liability incurred or suffered by, or brought, made or recovered against us in connection with your use of this website or content or any breach by you of these Terms & Conditions.
3. Applicable law
This website is designed for use by an Australian audience. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Disputes arising from your use of this website are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia. Without limiting any of these Terms and Conditions, we make no representations that the content of this website complies with the laws of any country outside Australia. If you access this website from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in each place where you access the website or where anything you publish or upload can be accessed
4. Linked websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the operation, security levels, content or any other aspect of other websites. Links are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate our endorsement of other websites or the products or services provided, advertised or otherwise offered by those websites. Linking to this website is permitted provided that the links are clearly acknowledged.
6. Paid services provided
Psych4Schools provides a number of paid services including:
- Online 12 month memberships. Details of what is included in our memberships can be viewed under ‘What you receive’.
- Ebookets and other documents are available for purchase. For details of what is included in each ebooklet read an excerpt and summary of contained information here.
- Professional development events for teachers and other professionals working in schools and/or with children. Details of events can be found here.
- Consultancy for leadership, a service for school leadership teams who wish to ‘build capacity’ to better meet the needs of their school community.
Psych4Schools does not provide individual counselling or assessment, or crisis or emergency services.
7. Purchasing products and services
By purchasing products and services from Psych4Schools you agree to the following terms and conditions of sale.
- GST: All prices are inclusive of GST. If you purchase products from the website from outside Australia, no GST will apply.
- Consumer Protection and other legislation: Where the provisions of any consumer protection law, or any mandatory legislation in your jurisdiction that cannot legally be excluded applies, these terms will be read subject to the application of that legislation, and in the case of any conflict, the provisions of that legislation will apply.
- Refunds: Psych4Schools will comply with its obligations under any applicable consumer protection legislation that cannot be excluded. Subject to any such applicable laws, refunds or replacement products or services will be given at the absolute discretion of company management. Requests for refunds must be made in writing by email.
- Incorrect Bank Account Number: Psych4Schools gives the customer the choice to pay for products through bank transfer. If you credit money to the incorrect bank account number, and the correct number was provided to you by Psych4Schools, then Psych4Schools will not accept any responsibility for correcting payment and goods and/or services will not be dispatched by Psych4Schools until Psych4Schools has received payment in full.
- Payment methods: Psych4Schools’ available payment methods will be presented at the time of purchase.
- Pricing errors: Although we do our best to ensure prices stated on this website are accurate, errors do occur from time to time. Where a pricing error occurs (subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded), we will not be bound by the incorrect pricing stated, and reserve the right to cancel your purchase.
- Security: Psych4Schools uses reasonable endeavours to ensure this website, and any transactions conducted on it, are secure. However you acknowledge that the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet can never be entirely secure or error free. Psych4Schools will not be liable for any damages suffered due to failure, delay, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties on any computer programmes (e.g. those used for transmission of viruses).
8. Membership registration
In order to register for membership you must complete the registration form. You confirm that all the details supplied by you when you register are accurate and complete. We may refuse any application to register at our sole discretion. Schools registering for membership will be asked to provide details of the end users in their school (‘Authorised Users’) and those Authorised Users will be subject to these Terms and Conditions. It is a condition of registration for schools that they ensure that every Authorised User agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Membership for schools is restricted to those notified Authorised Users only.
Logins and passwords. You may choose a login (user name) and password when you register to use this website, forum and blog. You are responsible for the security and proper use of your login and password and all activity, including the content of any posts, which occurs under your login and password. You must notify us via email immediately if you suspect an unauthorised person is using your login and password. We reserve the right to restrict or terminate your access to this website or any feature of this website.
In relation to material we make available to you under the terms of your subscription agreement, you must not, nor attempt to resell; frame; make mass automated or systematic extractions from; include within an archival or searchable database; access remotely; or distribute externally any material supplied to you as part of your membership unless it complies with the terms of your subscription agreement with us. You must not, nor attempt to, circumvent any technological protection measures used to protect material on this website. All members automatically receive enewsletters and other communication from Psych4Schools once they sign up. Members are free to unsubscribe from newsletter and communication should they wish.
On expiration or termination of your membership subscription for whatever reason, we will terminate your access to the membership areas of the website and you (and anyAuthorised Users) shall have no further right to access or use the membership content.
Six weeks prior to expiry of your subscription we will send an invoice for renewal based on existing information we hold for you. You will be able to amend this information if necessary and your renewed subscription for a further 12 months will begin upon receipt of payment.
In addition to any other rights we may have, we can terminate your subscription immediately without notice if you or any Authorised Users breach any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
9. Ebooklets and other documents
All purchases of individual ebooklets and other documents must be made online. You can download your ebooklet as soon as payment is confirmed and you have received the download link via e-mail. You may only download the ebooklet once. Once you have downloaded your ebooklet, you can access it whenever you like.
You must not, nor attempt to resell; frame; make mass automated or systematic extractions from; include within an archival or searchable database; access remotely; or distribute externally any material supplied to you. Further information of license to use and reproduce Psych4Schools ebooklets and publications can be read here.
Once you have purchased an ebooklet it is not possible to return it. Refunds will not be provided. Should you encounter problems please contact us via email.
10. Professional development events
All registrations for Psych4Schools events are subject to the following terms and conditions and by purchasing a ticket you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Program: The organisers reserve the right to amend or cancel events at any time. If amended, every effort will be made to ensure the program remains of an equivalent standard. No compensation will be made should the program vary due to the non-appearance of an advertised presenter.
- Registration notice: Registrations must be received by the event registration closing date. By selecting a member registration rate, it is agreed that the registrant is a current individual or school member of Psych4Schools and that the registration is made in the Psych4Schools member’s name only. A breach of this may result in a cancellation of an event registration.
- Substitutions: Should a registrant be unable to attend, they may send one substitute in their place. Psych4Schools member registration rates are not transferable to non-Psych4Schools members. The organiser must be notified in writing of any substitutions prior to the event.
- Registration and payment: Registrations received after the event registration closing date may incur a late fee. Payment in full is required by the event date to enable admittance to the event. Participants are solely responsible for any costs incurred in travelling to or attending the event and in the case of any cancellation. Catering is only included in the cost of an event where advertised as being included.
- Cancellation and refund policy: Cancellations must be received in writing. No refunds will be given after the registration closing date.
- Special dietary/physical requirements: Will not be catered for unless requested before the event registration closing date. Please email email@example.com with your requirements.
- Recording: Electronic recording devices are not permitted at an event without the express written consent of the organiser prior to the start of the event.
- Behaviour: The organisers reserve the right to prohibit entry of any person to an event, or ask any person to leave an event based on behaviour deemed inappropriate by the organiser’s staff and/or its agents and others working under its authority.
- Canvassing: by participants is strictly prohibited at Psych4Schools events and forums. Promotional materials may not be distributed at the event/forum except by event sponsors or presenters. Participants violating this policy will be asked to leave the event.
- Use of voice/images: In registering for a Psych4Schools event participants grant permission to Psych4Schools to take and to have full and free use of video/photographs containing their voice, image or likeness. It is understood this material may be used for promotional or educational purposes by and for Psych4Schools. Participants agree that they are not entitled to any payment from Psych4Schools in respect of the recording of voice, image or likeness or its use. Should a participant not agree to the above image release, they must advise Psych4Schools by contacting (03) 9016 4428 or info@psych4schools.
- Release: Participants release, discharge, and hold harmless Psych4Schools and its agents from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions arising as a result of their registration and or participation in the event.
11. Forum and blog postings
To contribute to the forum or blog, including private messages, usernames and user profiles, you must register and create a user profile. This registration is separate to themember registration. To register you must provide personal information including your name and email address. If you do not want to provide these details you will be able to read forums, but not create or reply to forums.
Participants are liable for the content of their posts. By posting a comment or question on the Psych4Schools website you agree that you may be disclosing personal information and in doing so indemnify Psych4Schools for any claim, loss or damage arsing from such a post. We reserve the right to edit or remove any material posted on the forum that is considered harmful or dangerous, and to cancel a registration and participation in the forum or blog if these Terms and Conditions are disregarded. We reserve the right to edit or not publish any submitted guest blog post. We assume no responsibility or liability arising from the contents of any such postings nor for any error, defamation, libel, obscenity, profanity, or inaccuracy contained in any such posting.
Forum or blog participants agree to the following:
The forum and blog are not a source of professional support – emergency or otherwise. If you are in need of special assistance or are experiencing personal difficulties you must discuss these with a healthcare professional.
- No advertising is allowed. The forum and blog does not operate to promote private or commercial interests; it has been created to provide unbiased, reliable information and social support for people in our community working with children in schools.
- Be respectful. Show respect to all users and do not be abusive, rude or dismissive of others’ viewpoints. You may have strong feelings about a topic, but they must be expressed in a way that does not put others down. This includes respect for their race, religion, political views, and other beliefs. Do not post falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party.
- Do not impersonate others. You may use an internet name or alias but not impersonate another person.
- Be truthful about your experiences.
- No swearing.
- Do not post material belonging to a third party. This includes words, images, video and sounds. Use your own words, images, sounds, video.
- Do not post copyrighted material, or material you have copied from another source.
- Do not breach copyright, or use material belonging to a third party. Use your own words, images etc.
- Do not give out personal information such as phone number, address or credit card details on the forum. If you wish to exchange contact details do so using the ‘private message’ function.
- Don’t discuss, promote or plan anything illegal on the forum.
- Psych4Schools will omit any material it determines to be in bad taste or offensive to others or in any way contrary to law.
- Illegal postings. You are prohibited from posting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libellous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
12. Use of postings
Postings and messages may be used by us from time to time. In consideration for permitting you to access and use information on this website, posting on a forum, blog, or using the topic request form gives us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to reproduce, communicate, re-publish, edit, adapt, exploit or otherwise use postings as we see fit.
You also give us a licence to deal with the postings as necessary to perform technical, content and administrative functions in running the forums. This includes any ‘moral rights’ you may have, therefore you consent to us editing, modifying or adapting your postings, or combining them with other works or postings to be used at our discretion as part of these above licenses whether or not you are attributed as the author of the postings.
13. Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, all copyright and other intellectual property rights in all content on this website including (but not limited to) text, data, images, logos, trademarks, graphics, information, architecture, ebooklets and other materials on this website are owned by or licensed to the authors and publishers of Psych4Schools Pty Ltd. All rights are reserved. Except as permitted by the conditions prescribed under the Australian Copyright Act 1968 (or any other applicable legislation throughout the world), and the copyright law applicable to the Terms and Conditions, you may not reproduce, store, or communicate any of the content on this website, including files downloadable from this website, without the written permission of Murray Evely and Zoe Ganim, Psych4Schools Pty Ltd. Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any unauthorised use of material on this website may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and civil and criminal statutes.
Part VB and section 183 entitlements of the Australian Copyright Act 1968 (as amended) are reserved. For information about Part VB (educational use) and section 183 (government use) visit www.copyright.com.au and www.copyright.org.au.
As members of Copyright Agency Limited (CAL), CAL acts as our non-exclusive agent to licence and collect payment for certain reproduction and communication of our copyright works by users in Australia and overseas. These users may include educational institutions, government departments and agencies, the business sector and the general community.
These Terms and Conditions are granted in addition to the statutory license scheme and other rights administered by CAL that allows the school (for school members) or the individual working in schools (for individual members) to use this website and its content in certain circumstances. The rights granted in these Terms and Conditions exclude and do not overlap with CAL’s administration but enable use beyond it. Amongst other things, this means the school (for school members) or the individual working in schools (for individual members) is required to ensure this website and its content is included in any notifications of use to CAL (such as the Electronic Use Statements) and we will be entitled to receive income for such use. The value of the subscription fee has been reduced to take this into account.
If you have any questions or queries in relation to this website or these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at email@example.com.
© Murray Evely & Zoe Ganim 2016